Making Change | Week 3 | Nov 15, 2020 | Pastor Scott Borman
• Acknowledge discontentment
• Re-channel discontentment
• Choose a percentage of your income on which to live
THE MAGIC FORMULA
• Give first, save second and live on the rest
Honor the Lord with your possessions, and with the first fruits of all your increase.
1. Turn away from pursuing things
But you, Timothy, are a man of God; so run from all these evil things
1 Timothy 6:11
2. Turn to a life of good deeds
17 Teach those who are rich in this world not to be proud and not to trust in their money, which is so unreliable. Their trust should be in God, who richly gives us all we need for our enjoyment. 18 Tell them to use their money to do good.
1 Timothy 6:17-18
3. Generosity bridals discontentment
18 They should be rich in good works and generous to those in need, always being ready to share with others. 19 By doing this they will be storing up their treasure as a good foundation for the future so that they may experience true life. 1 Timothy 6:18-19
4. Understand you were designed for generosity
20 Timothy, guard what God has entrusted to you. Avoid godless, foolish discussions with those who oppose you with their so-called knowledge. 21 Some people have wandered from the faith by following such foolishness.
1 Timothy 6:20-21