Letters | Week 6 | July 12, 2020 | Pastor Sandy Brown
1 “And to the angel of the church in Sardis write: ‘The words of him who has the seven spirits of God and the seven stars. I know your works. You have the reputation of being alive, but you are dead. 2 Wake up, and strengthen what remains and is about to die, for I have not found your works complete in the sight of my God. 3 Remember, then, what you received and heard. Keep it, and repent. If you will not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what hour I will come against you. 4 Yet you have still a few names in Sardis, people who have not soiled their garments, and they will walk with me in white, for they are worthy. 5 The one who conquers will be clothed thus in white garments, and I will never blot his name out of the book of life. I will confess his name before my Father and before his angels. 6 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.’”
PERFORMANCE REVIEW FOR THE CHURCH | SWOT ANALYSIS
Strengths: a good or beneficial quality or attribute of a person or thing
Yet you have a few people in Sardis who have not soiled their clothes. They will walk with me, dressed in white, for they are worthy.
Weaknesses: a quality or feature regarded as a disadvantage or fault
1 …I know your works. You have the reputation of being alive, but you are dead. 2 Wake up, and strengthen what remains and is about to die, for I have not found your works complete in the sight of my God.
Opportunities: a chance for success or advancement occurs
The one who is victorious will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out the name of that person from the book of life, but will acknowledge that name before my Father and his angels.
Threats: a person or thing likely to cause damage or danger
Remember, therefore, what you have received and heard; hold it fast, and repent. But if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what time I will come to you.
- God is desperately trying to get our attention!
- Are YOU listening, or do things that really don’t matter distract you?
- Do we really understand the Gospel?
- Are we consistently aware of our deficiencies?
- Do we believe we NEED a Savior?
- Are we relying on ourselves?
- All of our values include others.
- They are NOT singular, but intentionally meant to involve more than just us.
- Are we alive in Christ and thriving, or just going through the motions?
- Is there evidence of fruit in your walk with Christ?
- Does HE know you?