Letters | Week 5 | July 5, 2020 | Pastor Mike Chastain
• He praises them for their faith and hard work
18 To the angel of the church in Thyatira write: These are the words of the Son of God, whose eyes are like blazing fire and whose feet are like burnished bronze. 19 I know your deeds, your love and faith, your service and perseverance, and that you are now doing more than you did at first.
• Jesus sees everything – He sees the good and the bad
• They allowed false teaching to be accepted as truth – False teaching equals bad morality
Nevertheless, I have this against you: You tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophet. By her teaching she misleads my servants into sexual immorality and the eating of food sacrificed to idols.
• Jezebel was teaching to know ultimate grace you need to experience ultimate sin
1 What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? 2 By no means! We are those who have died to sin; how can we live in it any longer?
You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh rather, serve one another humbly in love.
The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.
2 Peter 3:9
• Stand firm in your faith in Christ
13 Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong. 14 Do everything in love.
1 Corinthians 16:13-14
- What does it look like for you to stand firm for the Lord? What does it look like to be strong and courageous for Him… At work? At home? At school? At the gym?
- Is there an area in your life where you’re compromising God’s truth for a lie?
- Is there something in your life that you need to repent from… An area that you need to give back to God?