May 28, 2023
• What was I taught about money in my family of origin?
• Do I feel like money controls me, or like I control it?
• Do I live with a mindset of scarcity or abundance?
• Am I generous with my money?
19 “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.”
22 “The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are healthy, your whole body will be full of light. 23 But if your eyes are unhealthy, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness!”
“No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.”
• Give where you’re fed regularly.
• Give where your heart is broken.
2 “Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way, you will fulfill the law of Christ. 3 If anyone thinks they are something when they are not, they deceive themselves. 4 Each one should test their own actions. Then they can take pride in themselves alone, without comparing themselves to someone else, 5 for each one should carry their own load.”
It doesn’t take money to be generous.
It takes courage to be generous.
“Don’t invest all your time and energy (and money) in things that get old and rust and go out of style and can be snatched from the back of your car if you park too far from the streetlamp. Instead, put your life into things that matter, like your relationship with God and life in his kingdom. Because where you put your resources is where you put your heart. It’s the steering wheel to your engine of desire.”
John Mark Comer
* If you’re here at New Cov, and need prayer today, please come forward during the prayer time to receive it.
* If you’re here at New Cov, and said “YES” to following Jesus today, please come to one of the YES stations (on either side wall in the Sanctuary) to share your commitment and be prayed over.
If you’re here for the first time, we’d love to meet you, and tell you more about NewCov.
Call or email to have someone pray with you. Prayer changes things.
We’d love to get to know a little more about you, or update your info, so we can get you connected.
Learn more, catch yourself up, or discover more content to help you grow in your relationship with Jesus.