Is God Really In Control? | Week 3 | Aug 16, 2020 | Pastor Sandy Brown
DO NOT BE ANXIOUS (WORRY)
25 “Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? 27 And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?
• Jesus wants to address our physical, emotional and spiritual needs.
• He desires us to know that we are His most valued and special Creation.
• He wants us to know our lives are in His hands.
We cannot add or subtract from that!
MARKS OF THE TRUE CHRISTIAN (CONTROL)
18 If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. 19 Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it[i] to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.”
• Although God is in control, living peacefully is a choice we all get to make.
• Allowing God to have the final say in conflict is an act of obedience to Christ!
• Who has proven themselves to be more just than Christ himself?
• What they didn’t know or understand is that Jesus already had ALL of that worked out.
• He had love and compassion for everyone. He had provision for ALL His people.
Worry stems from a lack of trust in God’s promises and provision. HE has us covered.
We make plans when we are uncertain and untrusting of God’s plans for us.
We tend to try and control what we cannot understand or comprehend out of fear.
A true and genuine relationship with Christ can remove the fear and desire for control.
Trust is nonexistent in the absence of relationship. This was the UNKNOWN god!